USING PUBLIC TRANSIT
The Polk County School Board has made it possible for all public school high school students in the County to use public transportation for FREE. All students need is a COLTS hatchet hole punch on their school ID badge to ride any standard transit bus in Polk County whenever and wherever the buses are running.
NEVER USED PUBLIC TRANSIT? HEREíS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Each bus route has a unique schedule. You must know when the bus will be
passing your location so as not to miss your ride.
- Time schedule information is available on the ridecitrus.com website under
the Routes and Services. Each route has a printable map with time points.
- Routing information is available on FindMyRoutes.com. Put in your starting
address and the service will tell you the closest bus stop to your location.
QR codes for FindMyRoutes.com are on over 1500 bus stops throughout the County.
- Check out Google Transit. It will give you complete route information. Itís
one stop shopping.
- Be Smart! Know where your bus will be and when it will be there before you
head out the door. Map out your return trip. Consider when the last bus comes
and, if you need to transfer, allow time to connect.
- Buses run Monday thru Saturday. Route times and frequency may be different
on a weekday than a Saturday, so please refer to your guide.
- COLTS program participant are allowed unlimited access Monday through Friday
during normal hours of operation.
- Bus etiquette includes common courtesy to other riders, Rules of the Road
are listed on www.ridecitrus.com under
the How to Ride/Fares tab.
Click here to download the COLTS permission slip.
4 easy steps to opt-in to the COLTS program:
- Print out the
- Have the permission slip signed by a parent or guardian
- Return the signed permission slip to your high school
- The school will provide the hatchet hole punch on the student ID
Thatís it! Itís that easy.
COLTS Parent Video
COLTS Student Video